At this time of year, many talk about making resolutions for going forward. If you are tending to get too comfortable or perhaps losing your edge, then travel may help. How about TRAVEL RESOLUTIONS? See this list of eleven suggestions to jumpstart your resolutions.
- Resolve to travel somewhere, even if to that museum an hour down the road or to take that local camping trip. Travel is more apt to happen if you plan it, budget for it and put it on your calendar!
- Resolve to pack daily vitamins and tooth floss, both lightweight items.
- Resolve to get more familiar with your camera.
- Resolve to take more public transport instead of taxis on your travels.
- Resolve to unplug from the internet and cell phone and be fully present wherever you are.
- Resolve to find destinations that intrigue you by making time to consider more than those currently trending.
- Resolve to prepare for travel with advance reading about your destination.
- Resolve to calendar the time for any language preparation for your destination.
- Resolve to challenge your comfort zone, be it with a place, person or activity.
- Resolve to pack light, and not look back on decisions about what not to pack.
- Resolve to have fun!
“Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.”—Helen Keller
‘If you asked me for my New Year Resolution, it would be to find out who I am.”— Cyril Cusack
“The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.”—Melody Beattie
Buy it. Read it. Let me know what you think.