TOP TEN LIST for a good book this summer, after Tattoo–Journeys on My Mind of course. After all, that is is my purpose here—asking you to try it. But I highly recommend these TEN books as well. If they don’t travel far in this world, they are traveling somewhere. They are an eclectic mix and in no particular order.
- Roughing It by Mark Twain
- Our Hearts were Young and Gay by Cornelia Otis Skinner & Emily Kimbrough
- Iron and Silk by Mark Salzman
- Without Reservations by Alice Steinbach
- The Death of Vishnu by Manil Suri
- Gunshot Road by Adrian Hyland
- The Solitaire Mystery by Jostein Gaarder
- Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
- Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck
- Letters of a Woman Homesteader by Elinore Pruitt Stewart
I find myself at the beach or on a boulder at the halfway point on a hike when I pull over to enjoy a book. I love that uninterrupted reading and that need to proceed because I only carry one book at a time. I came across all these books in this way and so I think of them as summer reading. If you persist to page 100 in any of them, I believe you will come to be glad you read the book.
TATTOO—Journeys on My Mind by Tina Marie L. Lamb is available in print book or ebook at Amazon.com and at BarnesandNoble.com. The ebook is also available at Apple’s iBookstore. The audio book is available at Google Play or Chirpbooks or Kobo or The Podcast App.